This afternoon during its annual Spring Launch event, South Korean tech giant Samsung announced pricing and availability for its 2016 SUHD TV lineup, including a newly announced flagship TV series, the KS9800.
The TVs range from an entry-level 49-inch for $1,499 through the gargantuan 88-inch KS9800, which will retail for $20,000. No standard 4K/UHD or LED (full-HD) TVs were confirmed yet, though we do expect them to make their way to market soon.
The KS9800 series is particularly surprising, since usually giant TVs with eye-popping price tags are announced at CES back in January. We should have eyes on with the new flagship soon, but in the meantime here's how the rest of the lineup is shaking out.
The KS8000 Series includes the following models:
- UN49KS8000 — 49-inch, $1,499 MSRP, available in May
- UN55KS8000 — 55-inch, $1,799 MSRP, available now
- UN60KS8000 — 60-inch, $2,299 MSRP, available in May
- UN65KS8000 — 65-inch, $2,799 MSRP, available now
The KS8500 Series includes the following models:
- UN49KS8500 — 49-inch, $1,699 MSRP, available in May
- UN55KS8500 — 55-inch, $1,999 MSRP, available now
- UN65KS8500 — 65-inch, $2,999 MSRP, available now
The KS9000 Series includes the following models:
- UN55KS9000 — 55-inch, $2,299 MSRP, available now
- UN65KS9000 — 65-inch, $3,499 MSRP, available now
- UN75KS9000 — 75-inch, $6,499 MSRP, available in June
The KS9500 series includes the following models:
- UN55KS9500 — 55-inch, $2,499 MSRP, available now
- UN65KS9500 — 65-inch, $3,600 MSRP, available now
- UN78KS9500 — 78-inch, $7,999 MSRP, available in June
The new KS9800 flagship series will include the following models:
- UN65KS9800 — 65-inch, $4,499 MSRP, available in May
- UN78KS9800 — 78-inch, $9,999 MSRP, available in May
- UN88KS9800 — 88-inch, $19,999 MSRP, available in June
For more information and a harder look at the tech specs, check out our breakdown of Samsung's 2016 TV lineup.
2016 Samsung Soundbars
Samsung also announced the availability of two new wireless soundbars: the HW-K950 and HW-K850, which feature Dolby Atmos support. The K950 stands out as the first soundbar to be bundled with two Atmos-compatible satellite speakers.
The soundbars will be available this summer for $1,499 and $899 respectively.